This page is dedicated to cataloging blog posts on Christian Music. My goal is to have a collection of reviews on contemporary and traditional Christian music. What they are going to be reviewed on is theological accuracy. I will be pulling my contemporary selections from the CCLI Top 100. I will provide a link to where I am pulling each hymn from, sources will vary. The goal is not to throw any particular genre under the bus. I believe you can find pious music praising God from every generation of the Church.
I am not going to be rating these songs based on nuance or specific word choice. I think the standards I am using are pretty reasonable:
- Is the confession / teaching of the song lyrics Biblical?
- Is the Gospel proclaimed?
If I can mostly answer yes to both of those the song will get a thumbs up.
1. This is Amazing Grace: Phil Wickham
2. Salvation Unto Us Has Come: Paulus Speratus 1484 – 1554
3. Oceans (Where Feet May Fall): Hillsong
4. Lord Keep us Steadfast in Thy Word: Martin Luther 1483 – 1546
6. I Have Decided to Follow Jesus: by Nokseng
7. Lord ‘Tis Not that I did Choose Thee: Josiah Conder 1836
8. In Christ Alone: Keith Gett, Stuart Townsend